Sales Representative (Vancouver)
• Responsible for the servicing, maintenance, and administration of Jan K. Overweel accounts within assigned territory. Follow up on leads to secure prospective new clients.
• Maintain a consistent pattern of calling on any existing JKO accounts and establish new accounts within the defined area.
• Develop, foster, and maintain positive and professional working relationships with existing and potential customers. Ensure an atmosphere of mutual understanding, professionalism, and respect with customers is maintained at all times.
• Define customers’ needs based upon product requirement and evaluation along with competitive analysis. Coordinate demos and major promotional programs with Customers.
• Communicate prices, Conditions of sales, Credit policies and other related data to Customers in a timely and responsible manner as set out by company standards.
• Investigate and resolve any escalated customer complaints including delays with product delivery, damage, and any other issue related to the successful maintenance of the Account. Ensure smooth flow of information between the Sales and Head Offices’ are maintained at all times. Resolve any customer issues arising from the Order Desk Department.
• Organize and attend trade shows, promotions or sampling demonstrations.
• Assist with quarterly Physical Inventory.
• Ensure to keep up to date on existing and new JKO products and promote new products to Customers.
• Attend all Sales Meetings and Product Information Seminars at the regional office. Provide Vancouver Branch Manager with necessary information/updates on a regular basis.
• Prepare Business Activity Reports and maintain proper documentation of expense reports.
• Other duties related to the position as directed by the Manager.
• Post-Secondary Education; University Degree or College Diploma, preferably in Business or related field.
• Over 5 + years Sales experience preferably in the Food Industry.
• Experience with Retail Chains and Independents.
• Excellent listening skills along with great organizational skills.
• Superior skill in building and maintaining solid relationships with Customers, Distributors, and Employees. Ability to liaise with diverse range of Customers in a positive, professional and diplomatic manner.
• Self-motivated with a good understanding of sales development strategies and techniques.
• Ability to thrive on challenges; an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Sales and Goal oriented; persuasive and pleasant personality with professional demeanour.
Proficiency in the Following Computer Skills
• Solid working knowledge and ability to navigate a PC windows environment, including shared drives.
• Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook and Excel),
• Strong skills and ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet environment.
• Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
• Receiving/returning phone calls, sending/receiving information by e-mail, mail, etc.
• Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work overtime when required. Travel from time to time.
• Demonstrates good and safe work habits and have a clean working environment.
• Ensure full compliance with JKO’s policies and procedures including Health & Safety.
Jan K Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing accessible employment practices in compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). In the event that you are contacted by Jan K Overweel Ltd. for job opportunities, please advise prior to the interview that you require accommodations.