Brie Ham and Watercress ToastiePRINT SHARE
These perfect little finger sandwiches are an excellent mid-afternoon or happy hour snack. Best when served alongside something chilled and sparkling.
- Spread a thin layer of fig spread on two slices of toast.
- On one of the slices, add a thin layer of the brie, a layer of prosciutto cotto, a sprinkling of watercress then another thin layer of brie.
- Top with the other slice of toast.
- Using a pastry brush, generously paint one of the exterior slices of bread with butter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan to medium high, place the sandwich butter side down, and quickly paint the other slice with more butter.
- When the sandwich is golden, flip and allow the other side to crisp up and the cheese to melt.
- Keep the heat at a medium temperature and allow the cheese to melt gradually. If you fiddle with the heat too much, the outside of the sandwich will likely burn.
- Let the sandwich cool slightly and set before slicing into triangles with a serrated knife.
- It can be prepared in advance and reheated (with more butter) when served.