Homemade mayonnaise is an absolute revelation compared to the store-bought kind. Obviously. So, take those few extra minutes to make it yourself. Use the best (and freshest) eggs you can find. This recipe stands well on its own or as a base for other sauces and dressings (see Tonnato sauce or Caesar dressing).
- Pulse the egg yolks and Dijon in a food processor until blended.
- While the processor is on, slowly stream in grapeseed oil and allow the mixture to emulsify.
- Stream in extra virgin olive oil, careful not to over mix as too much agitation will make the mixture bitter.
- Add enough vinegar to loosen the mixture to your desired consistency, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days or use as a base for another sauce or dressing.