The Quickest Pasta e FagioliPRINT SHARE
Double, triple, or quadruple this recipe and feed your friends and family!
- 3 tbsp EMMA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup CASA ITALIA Diced Pancetta
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
- 1 Dried Bay Leaf
- 1/4 c Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup EMMA Passata
- 1.5 L Chicken Stock
- 4 oz EMMA Parmigiano Reggiano, Rind
- 1 can EMMA Cannellini Beans
- 200 g EMMA Linguine, broken into small pieces
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- EMMA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- EMMA Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
In a medium sized dutch oven, heat the olive oil and saute the pancetta until browned.
Whiz the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic in a food processor until minced and add to the browned pancetta. Sprinkle in a little salt to help the vegetables break down. Sweat on medium heat until translucent, approx 5 minutes.
Deglaze with white wine and let it reduce until syrupy, while scraping the brown bits around the bottom of the pot. Add the passata and cook for another 3 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, parmigiano rind, and cannellini beans. Bring the soup to a boil, and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and season accordingly. Add the pasta and let it cook according to package instructions.
Turn off the heat and remove the parmigiano rind. Chop it into small pieces and throw it back into the pot.
Serve in a deep comforting bowl with a drizzle of EVOO, grated parmigiano, and one or two turns of freshly ground black pepper.