The HeroPRINT SHARE
The ultimate Italian sub. The key to this sandwich is slicing everything paper thin, lettuce included. Feel free to spice it up even more with your favourite pickled chili peppers. There’s no tomato in the ingredients list, that’s no accident.
- 1 - 6 to 8" Sub Roll, something soft, squishy and not too crusty, split lengthwise
- 2 tbsp Hero Spread
- 2 tbsp Tonnato Sauce
- 20 g CASA ITALIA Mortadella
- 20 g CASA ITALIA Spicy Soppresata
- 20 g CASA ITALIA Genoa Salami
- 20 g CASA ITALIA Capocollo
- 20 g EMMA Provolone
- Handful Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- q.b. EMMA Red Wine Vinegar
- q.b. EMMA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- q.b. Dried oregano
- q.b. Salt & Pepper
- Ask the deli counter to slice your meats and cheese as thin as they possibly can.
- Build your sandwich from the ground up: slather the Hero Spread on the bottom piece of bread, gently layer the deli meats one at a time, add your layer of cheese, top with a handful of the shredded lettuce, dress it sparingly with a spritz of oil and vinegar and a light sprinkle of dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Schmear the tonnato sauce on the inside of the top piece of bread, place it atop the lettuce and eat.